I'd like to become a 'retired' member - how do I do this?

Modified on Wed, 24 Jan 2024 at 11:10 AM

Are you a current FSRH member and due to retire from practice soon? 


If you are currently a FSRH Member, Diplomate, Associate, Affiliate or Fellow and you are retiring from all paid practice, find out more about our retired membership option below. The annual cost for 2024 is just £65.  


Members who retired on the grounds of ill health, regardless of age, and will not be returning to any paid employment can also apply.  


Please note - our retired membership option is only open to existing FSRH members. 



What do I receive as a retired member? 


Retired membership enables you to stay in touch with the world of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare. You will still receive many of the same benefits that you previously received under your former membership type, with a few key differences. 

As a retired member you would continue to receive: 


  • our online BMJ SRH Journal 
  • full access to clinical guidance 
  • regular member e-newsletters 
  • the opportunity to get involved in supporting us - through participation in working groups and committees 

As a retired member you would also no longer have access to our Members Evidence Request service. You would also be ineligible to vote in Council elections or stand for a seat on our Council. 




Please note: as a retired member you can no longer recertify your FSRH qualifications. We occasionally have members that retire, leave the FSRH but return to work for a period of time and want to recertify their qualifications. In this instance, you would need to pay back any missing years of the membership fee (up to 5 years) as we have a continuous membership policy.  


If you are still working but part-time and you are earning under £25,478 PA (gross, from all income sources), you can apply for a50% discount on your current membership fee. To apply for reduced membership, please log in to MyFSRH, select the Payments and Receipts tile, and complete the Reduced Income Declaration Form. 

How do I become a retired member? 


Submit a ticketvia the FSRH support portal confirming you would like to change your membership to retired, and our customer support team will be in touch.  


* We only offer refunds for any membership fees for the year paid before 31 March (we are one of the only medical colleges to offer refunds). If you wish to change to retired membership between 1 April and 31 December, you can change the category of your membership, but we won't be able to offer you a refund for any difference. The retired category and fee will then apply during the following year.   

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article