The new GUM/HIV SpR curriculum plan is to dual accredit with general medicine, but I’d prefer to dual accredit with SRH - would this be possible and how would it practically work as a CESR?

Modified on Mon, 25 Jul 2022 at 04:30 PM

CSRH does not have dual accreditation.

You cannot move your training number from GUM/ HIV to CSRH (or from any other specialty training programme right now).

The options are completing GUM, so you are on the register but focus during this training if there is chance/ opportunity on anything that addresses the CSRH curriculum. If you can get any additional SRH attachments / training to expand your CSRH portfolio and the MFSRH during this time all the better. Then it would be a case of expanding your portfolio post CCT to be suitable for a CSRH job. An alternative is to give up your number and take some sort of SAS post which would support you thru achieving CESR. That level of support is unknown and can be very tricky.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article